Your shopping cart is empty!
By the end of the 19th century, during the Art Nouveau period, new motifs just as peacock eyes, stars, flowers, etc. also appeared. Shapes of the pottery dishes remained simple, use-oriented, folk, derived from local pottery.
Boleslawiec became part of Poland after WWII. And the new age of local pottery started!
In the pre-war Poland, pottery from Boleslawiec (Bunzlau) enjoyed, especially in Silesia, a great popularity. After the Second World War Bolesławiec started the state-owned company Zakłady Ceramiczne "Boleslawiec", and in 1950 cooperative society called "Ceramika Artystyczna" was established on the site of an ancient "Paul und Sohn" business. Bolesławiec was (and still is) connected with many outstanding Polish potters and ceramic producers, such as the author of well-known contemporary art in Bolesławiec stoneware, Bronislaw Wolanin.
Mr. Wolanin used in his projects some motifs from Silesian folk art, hand painted "fish scales" covering the entire dish, solid matte glaze, and also in the 1980s he reactivated and gave "modern shine" to ceramics decorated with stamps. Mainly thanks to Mr. Wolanin the stamp technique decoration - which is characteristic for the production of the Boleslawiec area in the second half of the 19th and the first half of the 20th century - is experiencing its renaissance.