How to Use Polish Pottery
Polish pottery is safe for use in contact with food, it is strong, heavy, sturdy, hard to chip, heavier than fine china.
It is meant to be used on a daily basis, not just for display. It may be put in the dishwasher, oven, and microwave.
However, pottery can break so please protect it from obvious shocks like sudden changes in temperature or dropping it.
It is a natural product and like glass, is not immortal.
But when you use your Polish pottery in the right way, it will serve you long years and perhaps it will become a piece that can be passed on from mothers to daughters and their daughters creating memories.
Thanks to the qualities of the local clay, high-quality glaze and high firing temperatures Polish stoneware is very durable, scratch and chip resistant.
It is safe for food consumption, no lead nor cadmium are used in the production.
Our pottery is:
- Hand decorated by experienced artists
- Suitable for microwave oven
- Suitable for dishwasher
- Perfect for baking
- Freezer safe
- Chip resistant
- Lead and cadmium free
- Absolutely safe for contact with food
- Please avoid sudden temperature changes and don't stress the pottery.
- Don't put it on a stove burner or open flame.
- If you put it in a preheated oven, please make sure the whole surface of the baking dish is evenly covered with food.
- Don't pour cold water onto a hot baking dish.
- When you remove hot stoneware from the oven, do not set it on a cold or wet surface.
- Don't handle a hot baking dish with a wet cloth.
- Don’t put the cold dish from a refrigerator or a freezer into the preheated oven without letting it come to room temperature first.
- When warming in the microwave, use pottery piece that fits the portion size. This way, it will heat evenly and not cause hot spots in your pottery that could lead to cracking.